Thursday, November 18, 2010

Painting workshop at Louisiana with inspiration from Anselm Kiefer's landscapes


This is the outcome of my landscape, or maybe it should be called a harborscape. It's painted in sand and chalk with paint to hold it together like glue. After studying Kiefer's landscapes in the exhibition we went back to the workshop to finish out "masterpiece" in 1 1/2 hours, which can be really hard sometimes! I kept it simple tonight. As usual I started with one idea and it transformed in a whole other idea. My inspiration came from this afternoon I was down at the harbor today helping my husband wrap up the boat for winter. Looking out at the boats still left in the water made me feel so melancholy. Another season over, the boats sit still in the water, waiting, lifeless. Well it was that or the weather it was extremely grey today. In Denmark it's called "grey in grey".

No comments:

Post a Comment