Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe, Lunch in the grass (project #12)

This painting is the result of my workshop last night at Louisiana Museum for Modern Art. My painting "iPhones in the grass" is a paraphrase, of a paraphrase, of a paraphrase, of a paraphrase, of a paraphrase, etc, get it? A family portrait, a typical scene ALMOST with my husband leaning against a birch tree and Birch happens to be our surname. I can't say I hang outside topless with my iPhone, but that was part of the paraphrase.
Le Déjeuner sur l’herb, Picasso, 1961

Apologies, a really bad iPhone shot of
Le Déjeuner sur l’herb, Paul Cézanne, 1876


Le Déjeuner sur l’herb, Manet, 1863
(from my Janson's Art History Book)

and we can go even further back with
The Judgement of Paris, Marcantonio Raimondi, after Raphael, c.1520
(from my Janson's Art History Book)

and once more back in time

River Gods, detail
3rd Century A.D. Villa Medici, Rome
(from my Janson's Art History Book)


Is my painting original? No. It's traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment